Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Unreleased song that's already seen some life

Here's a weird one I did a long while ago. It's a story about mixed feelings which emerged from a relationship breakdown. At the time of writing, I didn't know what had struck me. I remember having a party shortly after the shock that sent these feelings through me, and I was playing the song to the friends who arrived, and I remember Matsoni (Pus!) saying "Aki you are really mixed up!" upon hearing this. It was a demo version back then, which I finished when encountering sudden repeats of the initial emotional wave. In the second process I wanted to give it the direction I was really traveling towards: towards something better. The song starts deep in the gutter of things left unfinished but takes a direction later on, which lead to the thought of letting go all that. It's a story about getting away from the depths of oozy bryophyte to the start of climbing a good spirited mountain.

I have played the song live a few times. I would love to record a version of me practising it and putting it available here - when I have time to play a show I will do it! There are still stuff left to tell from this journey. But this is a beginning. Travel Safe!


Artificial Latvamäki - Äkta Smak Och Sprödhet

(The title of the song is in swedish, and propably translatable)

No comments:

Post a Comment