Monday, October 26, 2009

Mielikutitus EP feedback

Here's some personal feedback from my most recent release "Mielikutitus EP".

CRC (AW Recordings, Curle, Zyntax Motorcity)
Seems like my partner in crime (project WAV) never fails.
Deep, unique and melodical melancholy only aki is capable to pull off with such perfection. I will not go into detail about the tracks, since they all clearly tell their own story, and I´m having trouble to sum up my listening experience by using just words. You have to experience them yourself! Besides all that, the tracks sound technically so brilliant and pleasing to the ear, I think I will use them as a reference when mixing my own stuff.
Mark August (Connaisseur, Curle, Cocoon)
"Loving it man. Playing Merel Linen and Unstable allready.
Very nice work. The groove of Merel Linen is awesome."
Samuli Kemppi (Pakkas-levyt, Frozen North, Ostgut Tonträger, Prologue, Komisch)
Aki writes journey music for the floor. Solid 3 tracker with both depth and perspective. This is modern techno music, not just tracks that you won't even remember next week.
Jussi-Pekka (Frozen North, Poker Flat, Athletikk)
Will play "Unstable And Potentially More Destroying". Great ep in all!
Introvert (Night Vision / TEAM Records)
I think "Merel Linen" is emotional techno at its best. As the name says in finnish, it reminds of the sea with a liquid percussion, wavy rhythmic pads and loose melodic lead. I also like that it sounds more Oulu than Berlin. "Straighforward" is my second pick from this EP that I would play. It reminds me of Donnacha Costello's work a bit but still keeps the original Latvamäki touch. Simple and warm beauty. I really enjoy this ep - maybe not the best Aki's work for me yet but still really strong release that stands out from the masses. Thanks!
If you don't trust these guys (I know I wouldn't), you have the possibility to give a listen to 2/3 of the tracks. One is here and one can be also found from my myspace page. I left my favourite one off, because it seems to be so that people always like the ones I like the least.

Straightforward by Latvamäki

No comments:

Post a Comment